YOUNG PROFESSIONALS INFORMATION
Young professionals are students and also people who are early in their careers (a few years after graduation). Here are the preliminary plans for Young Professional at Inter-Noise 2023. Things may change but changes will be posted on this Website.
For more information on I-INCE Young Professionals Programs click here: https://i-ince.org/young-professionals/
Goals of the Young Professionals Program
- Provide professional mentoring opportunities
- Learn from noise control case studies presented by world renowned experts
- Facilitate informal discussions between young professionals and I-INCE leaders and senior noise control engineers
- Give young professionals the opportunity to make new friends and connect with other friends who are part of the worldwide noise control community
What you should do before Inter-Noise 2023 in Spring 2023?
Apply for an I-INCE Young Professional Travel/Congress Attendance Grant. [Prior year awardees of the grant are not elligible to receive another award.]
The deadline for the grant application is the same day as the abstract deadline. Check for the current abstract deadline on the abstract submission part of the IN23 website. Download the 5-page 2023 YP Travel/Conference Attendance Grant Application Form, which includes instructions to applicants, Please follow the instructions carefully.
Young Professionals (YP) and Related Events at Inter-Noise 2023
Sunday, August 20th, 10:00am-3:30pm, I-INCE Practice School (Case Studies on Noise Control) Space is limited, but indicate interest when you register for Inter-Noise, and confirm in response to an email sent just before the Congress.
Monday, August 21st, 7:00am-8:00am, Students/Young Professionals Breakfast
Monday, August 21st, 3:00pm-5:00pm, I-INCE Young Professionals Workshop
Monday, August 21st, 5:00pm-5:30pm, I-INCE YoungProfessionals Awards Presentations
Monday, August 21st, 5:30pm-6:30pm, Social Networking Reception (by invitation)
Afterwards Join Inter-Noise Attendees at the Exposition Opening Reception
I-INCE Young Professionals Breakfast
Monday, August 21st, 2023 7:00am-8:00am
Sign up for this event when you register and confirm when travel plans are set (you will be sent an email and asked to respond, e.g., via a doodle poll.)
This is a chance to meet other students who are presenting at the conference and also to meet up with some experienced “older” Inter-Noise Congress attendees.
I-INCE Young Professionals Workshop
Monday, August 21st, 2023 3:00pm-5:00pm
Audience for Young Professional Workshop
Awardees and anyone who applied but did not get one can come to the workshop
Other students and young professionals, if there is room.
Workshop Program 3:00pm-5:00pm
Workshop attendees are treated to discussions of topics such as:
- Mission and Scope of I-INCE Activities and How to Get Involved
- How to Assist in the Organization of Technical Sessions in Conferences
- How to get a Paper Published on Noise
- How to Formulate Research Programs and Proposal Writing
- How to Network with Professionals
- How to Present a Paper at an I-INCE Congress
- Perspective by a Young Professional
- Applying for Jobs, Preparing for Interviews and Starting a New Job
I-INCE Young Professionals Travel/Congress Attendance Grant Awards Ceremony
Monday, August 21st, 2023 5:00pm-5:30pm
Awardees are recognized and presented with their certificates by the I-INCE President, with photographs. A group photo is also taken. Bring along your ID to receive your award.
I-INCE Social Networking Event for Young Professional Travel/Congress Attendance Grant Winners
Monday, August 21st, 2023 5:30pm-6:30pm
(Attendance by invitation only.)
- I-INCE leaders and guests will attend this event to meet with the I-INCE Young Professional Travel Award winners and other guests
- Includes drinks and hors d’oeuvres