ABSTRACT GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Inter-Noise 2023 papers will be added to the INCE-USA digital library
(https://www.inceusa.org/publications/ince-digital-library) in winter 2023.
- In case of no-shows, the papers will not be included in the INCE-USA digital library, and the registration fees will not be refunded.
- All presenters are required to finish payment of their registration fee before the paper submission
PAPER ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Some authors have requested in the past Inter-Noise congresses that their papers should be assessed in order to seek funding for congress registration and travel expenses. This practice will continue for Inter-Noise 2023 congress by free of charge. The paper will be assessed (if requested when abstract is submitted) to judge its suitability for presentation at the congress and inclusion in the Inter-Noise proceedings and database. Note that the full paper submission deadline is earlier and anonymous referees, as selected by the technical program co-chairs, may be asked to provide quick comments regarding the scope and substance of assessed papers as well as suggestions that will lead to improved manuscripts. The authors will then be asked to upload revised papers by the deadline provided by the technical program co-chairs.
- Papers must be submitted as PDF files.
- Paper templates for both Microsoft Word and LaTeX formats are available below.
- These templates are to ensure the uniformity of the publication. Please follow the instructions in the templates.
- Inter-Noise 2023 will be held as a live/in-person congress. The presentation format will be oral or poster style at the venue.
- In order to accept the diverse needs of participants, Inter-Noise 2023 will accept the alternative presentation format using pre-recorded video presentation.
- Details of each format is described below.
- Regardless of the presentation format, all submitted manuscript will be published in the proceedings and the INCE-USA digital library.
- Shall be scheduled in the technical session program onsite.
- The oral presentation will be allocated in 20-minute slot: 15 minutes for presentations, 3 minutes for Q&A, and 2 minutes break for transition to next presentation.
- A PPT template for Inter-Noise 2023 will be available to be downloaded from this website at a later date.
- All onsite live presentations will be recorded and made available to all participants via the online congress platform after approximately 24 hours. All participants can watch the video at any time. The authors can have interactive text-based discussions with participants on the platform.
- Shall be included in poster session that will be scheduled in the technical session program onsite.
- We are planning to emphasize the on-site poster session as an opportunity for building networking among congress participants.
- Posters and videos will not be posted on the online congress platform.
- Shall be available on the online congress platform after the first day of this congress. All participants can watch the video at any time. The authors can have interactive text-based discussions with participants on the platform.
- Recording format and the method how to submit the pre-recorded presentation will be announced later.
- A PPT template for Inter-Noise 2023 will be available to be downloaded from this website at a later.
|Onsite Oral||Onsite Poster||Online Pre-recorded|
|Included in proceedings||YES *1||YES||YES|
|Presentation videos will be available in online congress platform||YES *Recorded video of onsite live presentation||No||YES *Pre-recorded presentation video|
|Proceeding pdf will be available in online congress platform||YES||YES||YES|
|Realtime discussion and networking at congress site||YES||YES *2||No|
|On-site congress kit (name tag, congress bag, booklet, etc.)||YES||YES||No|
|Attending social programs||YES||YES||No|
*1 In case of no-shows, the papers will not be included in the INCE-USA digital library, and the registration fees will not be refunded.
*2 We are planning to emphasize the on-site poster session as an opportunity for building networking among congress participants.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 28 February 2021
Paper Submission Deadline for Papers being Assessed: 9 April 2021
Paper Submission Deadline: 14 May 2021
Abstract must be submitted in English, which is the official language for all matters relating to INTERNOISE 2021
The corresponding author will be required to certify that the content of the proposed paper has not been presented at an engineering or scientific conference (with copyright held by the conference organizer) or published in an archival refereed journal; a statement by the authors shall be required at the time of paper submission.
Upon submission of your abstract, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with the reference number of your abstract.
In case of submission of more than one abstract, an extra fee will be applied to each additional abstract.
Please, register after you get the abstract acceptance notice for your abstract(s).
Abstract acceptance notice will be sent via email in March 2021.
Download the template for abstract below.
SCOPUS, DOI and INCE-USA Digital Library
- INTER-NOISE 2021 papers will be linked to the SCOPUS (https://www.elsevier.com/solutions/scopus) in autumn 2021.
- Each INTER-NOISE 2021 paper (written paper version only) will be assigned unique DOI (doi.org) number.
- INTER-NOISE 2021 papers will be added to the INCE-USA digital library (https://www.inceusa.org/publications/ince-digital-library) in autumn 2021.
- Paper titles should be in sentence case: only the first word and proper nouns are capitalized. For example: “Active noise control of turbomachinery”, “Demonstration of passive vibration and noise control strategies for an air compressor”.
- Abstracts should be a single paragraph and must be between 150 and 200 words. Abstracts must be in English and should not contain equations, references, figures, special characters, or embedded links. Acronyms or abbreviation should be avoided.
- Create a new account or log in to an existing account.
- After logging in, click on “My Account” the “Add Abstract”.
- Enter the title and text of your abstract into the appropriate boxes.
- If there are additional authors on your paper, click “Add Co-Author” to add their names.
- Indicate whether you prefer your paper to be presented as an oral presentation or as part of the poster exhibition.
- Select your preferred technical session for your presentation. Note that hte final session titles may change from those listed.
- Click on additional technical session names to indicate your second choice, if desired.
- To remove a session you have added to the list, click the minus sign to the right of the session name.
- Enter an email address to receive a confirmation email that your abstract has been successfully submitted.
- Press “Submit” to submit your abstract.
Paper Assessment Process
Many authors have historically requested that their papers be assessed in order to seek funding for congress registration and travel expenses. This practice will continue for INTER-NOISE 2021 congress though a fee of $100 per paper will be charged. The paper will be assessed (if requested when abstract is submitted) to judge its suitability for presentation at the Congress and inclusion in the INTER-NOISE proceedings and database (that will be indexed in SCOPUS). Note that the full paper submission deadline is earlier (as posted) and anonymous referees, as selected by the program chair or technical session co-chairs, may be asked to provide quick comments regarding the scope and substance of assessed papers as well as suggestions that will lead to improved manuscripts. Authors will then be asked to upload revised papers by the deadline provided by the technical program chair.
- Papers must be submitted as PDF files.
- Paper templates for both Word and LaTeX formats available below.